Currency Exchange goes online in India via ExTravelMoney
When majority of the air tickets and hotel bookings made online, foreign exchange in India is still in the brick and mortar state. Tourists and foreign travellers often find it difficult to find a Forex store, go there and get their currency exchanges. In a hurry,they often rely on the vendors at the airport, or hotel counters where commissions go even as high as 10% without knowing the better options around them!
Providing a heave of relief to travelers, ExTravelMoney.com now provides an easy and innovative solution to this problem.
ExTravelMoney.com facilitates buying and selling of foreign currency and forex travel cards via their tied up stores in 4000+ locations across India. The portal has adopted a marketplace model where the customer can compare the exchange rates offered by various RBI authorized money changers registered in the selected region and can place the order online after considering factors like customer reviews, ratings, proximity etc. The customer can either opt for a store pickup or can avail in a day home delivery.
Apart from currency exchange, ExTravelMoney.com also makes international money transfer(outward remittance) from India easier. Customer can book a wire transfer or demand draft online at bank competing rates from extravelmomoney.com. While it makes paying of visa and immigration fees easier, getting the best exchange rate is crucial while paying overseas education fee and employee salaries which involves huge amounts.
George Zachariah, COO, ExTravelMoney.com says “ We want to make currency exchange as easy as booking an air ticket online. By mid 2015, there would be more than 10,000 stores available with Extravelmoney.”
Currently ExTravelMoney.com has tie ups with Muthoot Forex, UAE Exchange and Orient Exchange.
- Currency Exchange goes online in India via ExTravelMoney
16 August 2015, 5:15pm
- Travelocity unveils IOS 7 hotel booking app
24 September 2013, 5:19pm
- Google Launches Incredible India Contest Along with Tourism Ministry!
9 September 2013, 2:05pm
- EmpXtrack Professional Edition Selected by Cvent Online Solutions
6 September 2013, 4:44pm
- Leading global travel search site Skyscanner has acquired Fogg
5 September 2013, 3:33pm
- ixigo launches ixigo buses Android application
3 September 2013, 3:34pm
- Global links on offer to winner of Technology Watch
22 August 2013, 5:00pm
- India’s Activity Tourism Industry Gets Boost with New Booking Platform Thrillophilia.com
12 August 2013, 6:15pm
- Tube Travel : US to China in 2 hours?
12 August 2013, 6:03pm
- Amadeus publishes results for first half of 2013
2 August 2013, 1:30pm